Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) that don’t include meticulous, structured software testing are prone to failure. That’s why testing is considered a major success factor in products under development. The ISTQB Certified Tester Scheme is the industry reference for software testing. For that reason, this course immerses you in the world of software testing, where you’ll obtain detailed insights into testing techniques and processes, as well as the terminology you need to pass the exam.
On completing the course, you will be able to:
- understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, testing techniques, and be familiar with the principles behind test objectives
- use a common language to efficiently and effectively communicate with other testers and project stakeholders
- design and prioritise tests with tried-and-tested techniques
- analyse functional and non-functional specifications (e.g., performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- execute tests according to agreed test plans, including analysis and reports on the results
- write clear and understandable incident reports
- effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects
- recognise different types of testing tools and their uses, and assist in the related selection and implementation process
- international recognition of acquired competencies and skills
- a potential competitive edge due to ISTQB certification, i.e., the guarantee of greater reliability that comes from streamlined application development and cost-effective ISTQB testing practices
- consulting companies with certified staff can offer high-level services to customers, increasing ROI and brand value
The instructor was by far the best and most motivated instructor I have encountered in the last few years. He knows his stuff and is able of sharing his knowledge. He was also able to make fun group out of a bunch of individuals.
Yannick Vermander, , FOD Defensie
Great trainer with a lot of experience, very clear examples and explanations.
Kevin Bruggheman, Application Support Engineer, Koninklijke Federatie Belgisch Notariaat
This course targets two key groups. The first is professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing, including:
- test designers
- test analysts
- test engineers
- test consultants
- test managers
- user acceptance testers
- other professionals
The other includes anyone who would benefit from a basic understanding of software testing, including:
- project managers
- quality managers
- software development managers
- business analysts
- IT directors
- management consultants