Your presentation will be downloadable via the webinar software:
- Choose for a Powerpoint presentation;
- Font size: 24-28 pt;
- Rather images than (a lot of) text;
- Participants receive the presentation in pdf format;
- Do not add notes or animations to the ppt. The presentation is uploaded into our system, making notes and animations disappear.
Please send us your presentation one week before the webinar.
In order to stimulate (and control) the attention of the participants, we propose to launch some policy questions throughout your presentation.
A poll is a multiple choice question that appears on the screen of the participants. They can then cast their 'vote' by clicking on the answer they want.
- Yes-No | Do you know what crowdfunding is about?
- Right - wrong | Members of an executive committee may work under an employment contract.
- Multiple choice | What is the current legal retirement age in Belgium? 65, 67 or 58.
During your presentation 3 questions have to be asked. Do you already have ideas for poll questions? Send them to us together with your presentation.
Nowadays webinars are usually broadcast remotely. This means that you don't have to come to our studio in Mechelen, but you broadcast the webinar yourself from home (or office).
You are required to do and/or check the following:
- Use a laptop with built-in camera and microphone and make sure that only these are connected and operational. Do not use a headset.
- Use Google Chrome as your internet browser.
- You have access to a stable internet connection. We recommend using an internet cable. Broadcasting over WiFi is also possible if your connection is strong enough. You can test this here.
- In case of a remote broadcast a test webinar will always be held with you first. This allows you to get acquainted with the platform and allows us to check the image and sound.
It is essential to run the test webinar at the location (home/office) where you will be broadcasting the actual webinar.
The recordings of our webinars take place in an equipped webinar room:
- Laptops are available, so you do not need your own equipment.
- You may take the necessary notes with you, these can be placed off-screen.
- You will be given a microphone.
- A separate camera will film your face.
- A 'host' will guide you (technically) through the webinar Half an hour before the start of your webinar you will be expected at the NCOI buildings: Motstraat 30 in Mechelen. That gives us time for practical and technical appointments.
You can park at the NCOI visitor car park. You can find the parking behind our buildings. To reach this car park, take the 'street' between the Wolters Kluwer building and that of De Lijn. At the end of this street, turn left and you can park your car behind the barrier. Don't forget to ask the host for a parking ticket after the webinar.
The NCOI buildings are easily accessible by train (10 minutes walk from Mechelen Station). The entrance of our building is on the street side. Ask at the reception for your contact person.
Covid-19: Measures in our webinar studio
We strive to broadcast as many remote webinars as possible. However, in exceptional circumstances, technical reasons oblige us to broadcast from our studio in Mechelen.
In order to guarantee the safety of speakers and host, these extra measures apply:
- Do not come to the webinar studio if you feel ill or have been in contact with a covid-19 patient in the last 14 days.
- Do not come to the webinar studio if you are coming back from a red zone (abroad, last 14 days).
- Bring your face mask with you and wear it at all times in the building. You can take it off during the webinar itself when you are speaking.
- We only allow one speaker and one host at a time in our webinar studio. This speaker and host are separated by 1,5m distance and by a plexiglass screen.
- Each speaker gets his or her own microphone. The microphones are disinfected after each speaking session.
- Decontamination material is provided in the webinar studio. Make sure you use this sufficiently.
- We leave the doors of the room open as much as possible to ensure good ventilation.
- The material is disinfected after each use.
- Exceptionally, we ask the speakers to bring their own lunch and drinks.
- Are you ill after the webinar? Please call your doctor.
The above measures apply to everyone present on our premises, including our host.